- Homemade bread is healthier than any bread from the store
Well, at least if you make one of those healthy breads without tons of sugar but with a decent amount of wholegrain stuff. Point is you’re the boss of how (un)healthy it is.
- Homemade bread taste more than the bread you buy
That is beyond doubt, as long as the yeast is working as it should be (and if you’re not doing wild chemical experiments). Not only because it is without preservatives and totally fresh – it is because you know what effort you have put into it. The effort is a magic spice.
- Homemade bread is more filling and keeps your energy up for longer
Because it is real food. Your healthy bread contains more nutrition per bite that the bread in the store.
- Homemade bread is a personal treat to the people you love
And they will love you even more.
- Every bread you make makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something important
And that feeling is pretty significant. That feeling can change a bad day into a pretty good one. It reaches right to the core of your true self.
- Every time you bake, you learn something new
Wether you’re trying a new recipe or not – there is always something new to discover about yeast, flour – and other natural ingredients. Or yourself.
- Most of the bread you make can easily go in the freezer
Which is nice to know when you make more bread than you’ll be able to chew down within a day or two. You don’t ever need to be out of bread.
- The smell of bread in the oven is seductive, calming, warming and welcoming
You might actually take advantage of that if you need the perfect environment for, say – a difficult conversation with someone. With the hopes for a happy outcome, that is.
- The smell of freshly baked bread stays in the house for a long time after you’re done
Which contributes to harmony in the family. Makes you want to stick around.
- If you get hooked, baking bread is a healthy and heartwarming addiction
People around you benefit far too much from your addiction to ever dare to questioning it.
Tomorrow it is Monday. The beginning of a new and unexplored week. Hope you have a good one.
I'm Currently living in Florida, USA, but I'm Norwegian born and bred. At the moment I enjoy baking bread and blogging about it. I enjoy blogging in general, because I like writing. But I'm trained as an illustrator, originally ... in England. One day I'll write a book. About bread. And illustrate it myself. Maybe. Life will see.